Job Title: Store Manager (In Training)
Organisation: Faulls Shoes
Type of Employment: Approx. 35 hours pw
Remuneration: Advised at Interview
9.5% Employer superannuation contribution
Closing Date: Saturday 23th September 2017.
Further Information: Sheryl Lovell (Manager)
Ph 6234 9077
Thank you for you interest in this exciting and rewarding position at Faulls Shoes. Established in 1910, Faulls Shoes is a family owned business with 9 stores in both Victoria and Tasmania.
Faulls Shoes stores are bright modern and inviting for both customers and staff members. Faulls have a proud record of achievement and operate in a highly competitive market. This provides an exciting work environment with challenges to constantly change to customer requirements. Faulls Shoes provide training and support to all staff to allow opportunity to grow within the organisation and to ensure quality customer service stands are maintained.
Primary Purpose of Position
To become a “Face” of the Hobart Faulls Shoes Store. Under direction of the Store Manager will exercise autonomy in decision making whilst performing the following duties.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide timely customer service
- Offer advice on the best footwear solutions for the client
- Develop an in depth product knowledge
- Oversee the Customer Club.
- Check in new stock
- Advise / Replenish stock
- Maintain quality store presentation and displays
- Product presentations and merchandising
- Stock ordering and re-orders
- Manage specials
- Facilitate stock transfers between stores
- Maintain stock control and coordinate stock takes.
Human resource management
- Organise staff rosters with the Manager whilst operating within the Hobart store budget
- Be involved in staff reviews
- Provide leadership and direction to staff
- With the Manager conduct staff training and monitor staff customer service quality.
- Achieving revenue targets as set in the Hobart store budget
- Report on a daily and weekly basis financial outcomes
- Coordinating returns and repairs including appropriate administration
General Store Management
- Open and Close the store as required
- A Point of contact for security
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in all areas of customer service
- Providing leadership in establishing quality customer outcomes
- Strong numeracy skills
- Some knowledge of business technology systems
- Experience with stock control and display.
- Staff supervision.
- Previous retail or customer service experience
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of computer point of sale systems
- Merchandising and stock display experience.
- Some understanding of financial reporting
- Demonstrated experience in achieving budget and sales outcomes.
- Previous staff supervision and management
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues
- Passion and leadership
- An attention to detail
- A genuine passion for quality customer service.
Applications must consist of the following:
1. Resume or Curriculum Vitae. A resume is a brief history of your employment and experience that covers the following areas:
· Educational qualifications and professional affiliations that detail the full title of the qualification, the year awarded and the title of the institution attended;
· Employment history in chronological order, starting with current position and specifying dates of employment, title of each position, name of employer, main duties or accountabilities and achievements; and
· The names and contact details (address, telephone, fax and e-mail) of three referees, including if possible a senior person (preferably your supervisor or the head of your organisational unit) closely associated with your current work.
Applications are to be forwarded to or dropped off to:
Ms Sheryl Lovell,
Centrepoint Shopping Centre,
70 Murray Street
Ph 6234 9077
Or email: email@example.com
· Retain a copy for your reference because Faulls Shoes does not return copies to applicants
· Two referees should be provided with your application.